My Kiddos

My Kiddos

Gracie - 6 Years Old

Triston 7 Years Old

Lucas - Dec. 15, 2009

Thursday, February 4, 2010

"A Picture is Worth Ten Thousand Words..."


The past couple of months has given me an entirely different outlook on this statement.  I am not always the best with words, so please bear with me as I try to express what I am feeling when I look at these pictures.


While I was pregnant with Lucas, I scheduled a newborn photography session with an AMAZING photographer, Skye Johansen.  She took pictures of Triston and Grace about 2 years ago and I was so excited to have new pictures of our growing family.  I know that it might seem like I would have cancelled this session after losing our sweet baby, but my hospital stay made me realize the importance of pictures...I don't want to forget my kids at any point in their lives.  There were so many moments that I just sat and stared at Lucas, trying to soak in every little detail of his tiny body.  I already had so many pictures taken of and with him during the first day, but I started realizing that no matter how much those precious moments meant to me, memories fade.  I started to take pictures of every feature of his tiny body..every little wrinkle in his hands, feet, and in his long, skinny fingers and toes; his delicate fingernails; the dimples in his elbows; the cowlicks (yes, that's plural) in his dark, curly hair.

When I got home, I realized that I needed to have the same experiences with Triston and Grace.  They are getting so big, so fast and I feel like I've missed so much.










When I see these pictures I am not only reminded of what my children looked like during this time in their lives.  They tell me a story.   I am reminded of a lifetime of love that was consolidated into 2 days for my sweet baby boy.  I am reminded that I can't take time for granted.  That I need to slow down and appreciate each moment, because every second I have with Triston and Grace is a gift. I am reminded that plans change and that however distracting or painful, interruptions can be magical and beautiful. I see love, peace, comfort, family, strength, faith, and security.


Thank you, Skye.  I hope that this gives you at least a small idea of what your pictures mean to me.  They are all so incredible and I will love them forever.

8 comments:

The Bingham's said...

Stacia, These pictures are so amazing!! Your family is so darling!! I am amazed by you and how great of a mother your are!! You are an inspiration to everyone around you!! We love you and think of you often!!

JMadd said...

Your little ones are precious... and that Gracie is a little you!

Deryck & Bree said...

Stacia, I read this post with tears STREAMING down my face, Your children are beautiful and the pictures DO speak volumes, It is so good to hear that you are doing well and continue to be strong. Thank you for posting this, it is a sweet reminder of what we are really put on this earth for, family;) LOVES!

Jamilla said...

I can't even begin to tell you how amazing you are. Life can be so overwhelming at times and we do forget to stop and appreciate the small things. I think I will have to do this with my girls. You are such an inspiration.

Michele said...

Oh gorgeous. Those are beautiful.

Cori White said...

I love love love the pictures of the molds of your baby. They are very sweet.

Jenny, Arturo, y Dalia said...

Stacia, thanks for sharing all of this with us. You are an amazing mom. I love reading your blog. It always touches my heart and makes me cry. Your kids are adorable!

Casey&Mal said...

Your kids are SO photogenic! I love love love the ones of all their bare feet.
All three - precious.